B&B Water Solutions
Locally Owned • Customer Focused
Get a FREE ESTIMATE!
Water Softener Installation in Arlington, IN
Serving the Indianapolis Area
Do You Have Hard Water?
There are a number of common signs that you have hard water. If you suspect you might, continue reading or call us at 765-561-2308 to learn more about water softener installation in Arlington, IN. We provide a no cost, no obligation consultation and estimate. Same day appointments are available.
Hard water can be the reason you’re finding a white build up on fixtures and water using appliances, such as the laundry washer, fridge, water heater, dish washer, or even in your shower and on your shower head. It’s particularly concerning to know that hard water can reduce the efficiency of your water heater, as hard water leaves a sediment buildup at the bottom of the tank. These deposits can also cause the water heater to leak, given enough time.
Laundry may fade quicker than expected, or whites may turn yellow despite your best efforts to separate them from colored laundry.
You may also see a mineral residue on faucets and showerheads. It’s common to see plumbing coated with limescale. Without addressing these issues it can lead to damage of appliances and plumbing.
You may also notice an annoying film of residue on glass, tiles, and mirrors. Washing your car may also leave a film. Some hard water may also contain iron, staining some items yellow, orange, or even red.
What is Hard Water?
Simply put, hard water is water with a high concentration of dissolved minerals (such as calcium and magnesium).
Technically speaking, water is considered hard if it has more than seven grains of calcium per gallon (7 GPG). This may also be expressed as PPM (parts per million) or mg/L (milligrams per liter). Calcium is not a health hazard, but it can lead to a variety of annoying problems.
The Trouble with Hard Water
Failing to address hard water with water softener system installation in Arlington, IN can lead to a variety of headaches beyond an annoying filmy residue. These include:
- Damaging plumbing and appliances as mineral deposits build up over time. This can lead to expensive repairs and replacements that may have otherwise been avoided. In some cases, these potential expenses can justify the cost of water softener system installation in Arlington, IN.
- Hard water can also damage your appliances, faucets and fixtures. As stated elsewhere, water heaters are especially susceptible to damage caused by hard water, and are also one of the most expensive appliances to replace in the home.
- Stains on surfaces and clothes caused by the minerals in hard water aren’t necessarily unhealthy, but they are very unsightly. These stains can build up on showerheads and in tubs, on toilet bowls, tiles, glass, mirrors, and even your car. They can be frustrating and difficult to clean.
Call Today for Water Softener System Installation in Arlington, IN
Here are a few extra benefits to consider:
- Use less soap for cleaner clothes
- Reduce or eliminate mineral deposits
- Reduce and eliminate skin irritation
- Protect your plumbing and avoid plumbing issues
- Reduce use of plastic bottles and help the environment
Even if you’re still not certain that you need water softener system installation in Arlington, IN you should give us a call. We provide a free consultation and estimate, and are always happy to answer any questions you may have. Call today at 765-561-2308 to learn more about water softener system installation in Arlington, IN!
B&B Water Solutions
10 Year Warranty on Residential Systems
No Sales Tactics
Indianapolis's Choice for Water Solutions
B&B Water Solutions
Serving the Indianapolis Area and Northwest Cincinnati
- HQ: Arlington, IN
- Indianapolis, IN
- Avon, IN
- Brownsburg, IN
- Carmel, IN
- Fishers, IN
- Fortville, IN
- Greenfield, IN
- Greenwood, IN
- Lawrenceburg, IN
- McCordsville, IN
- Nobelsville, IN
- Pendleton, IN
- Southport, IN
- Westfield, IN
- Whiteland, IN
- Zionsville, IN
- Cleves, OH
- Harrison, OH
- Oxford, OH